Welcome to Tyddyn Llwyn
Clean, well-maintained and family-friendly, Tyddyn Llwyn Camping, Caravan and Touring Park is within walking distance of Borth Y Gest and the bustling harbour town of Porthmadog. Only a few minutes drive from the beach at Black Rock Sands (Blue Flag award 2016). The site is nestled in a secluded valley, and features a play area, games room and on-site bar & restaurant.
We cater for touring caravans, motor homes, tents and trailer tents. All our pitches are serviced with an "all-weather" surface, electric, water and grey waste point. We also have Premium pitches (bigger & more electric) available. We are open from the 1st of March to the 1st of November each year. Touring pitches start at just £21 per night (2 persons).
Welcome to the new season. We are in the office 7 days a week 9.30 - 5.00 and the diary is open.
We are here to take your call... just give us a ring on 01766 512205 to make your booking
- Family Friendly
- First time caravanners welcome - help is on hand...
- All pitches are all-weather with electric, water & grey waste point
- Premium Pitches
- Camping Pitches
- Children's Play Area
- Games Room
- Licensed Bar and Restaurant
- Big Screen TVs
- Park-Wide WiFi Internet Access*
- View all Park Facilities
- Our new wardens, Teresa and Phil have joined the team and settled in well. They are very much looking forward to meeting you all.............we welcome them aboard!!
- BRILLIANT NEWS.... Once again we've made it into the Practical Caravan TOP 100 Sites 2017: One of 13 in Wales. THANK YOU so much to all of you who took the time to vote for us here at Tyddyn Llwyn - it really does mean a lot to us.
- MMM (Motorhome Monthly Magazine): have invited us to join their 'Premier Parks' again for 2017. Again we'd just like to say a massive 'THANK YOU' to all the staff for their hard work and to all our customers for their support in keeping us a nice place to stay. We are very proud - even if we do say so ourselves!!
- Loo of the Year 2016. We are proud to announce that once again we achieved a 'Platinum' award for our main toilet/shower block, A HUGE 'Thank you' to all our visitors for looking after it and keeping it looking as nice as it does.
REVIEWS REVIEWS REVIEWS!!
To the thousands of visitors (both regular faces and our new customers) who have passed through our gates over the seasons, we would like to take this opportunity to THANK YOU all for your custom and lovely comments – we really do appreciate your support.
And whilst we do our very best for our customers, we do understand that we cannot please all the people all of the time. And while we are all in favour of a nice review - which business owner wouldn't be? - once in a while someone is unhappy with what we do. Regrettably we only learn of these isolated incidents afterwards and more often than not the only way we find out is once the grievance has been posted on social media. We understand that this is now normal practice, but sometimes just ‘good old-fashioned talking’ works better. If you find something you’re not happy about while you're on holiday please just call in the office whilst you’re here and we’ll do our utmost to help put things right. It really is very difficult to do anything about a situation once you’ve gone home!
You will read reviews (its only natural) and the two main comments you will read about are:
1) 50p for showers. We know we are not unique in charging for showers despite customers reviewing 'they never pay anywhere else'. You may think at first glance that 50p is excessive, but what people don't mention is that for this charge you get a good 10 minutes. Plenty of time to throw a whole tribe of children in, if that’s what you need to do. There are also no queues. 20p may seem cheaper elsewhere but not if you have to feed the machine every 2 minutes. It also dissuades any non-camping visitors from using the facilities. Customers tell us that on “club sites” showers are free - that’s an awful lot of showers for your annual membership fee!
2) Having to walk to the litter bins. It is true, we only have one collection point on the park and yes, this is situated on the way out of the park, along with the glass recycling. It is easy enough to throw you’re rubbish in the skip when you’re going out for the day. Whilst we understand it’s not (more conveniently) in the middle of the park it does mean that no one gets disturbed when the council come along (sometimes early) to empty the bins. No wasps, seagulls or magpies being tempted into the park, and more importantly none of our visitors have to pitch next to ‘the bins’. Not nice in a sunshiny and hot summer!
Are you looking to buy a static caravan? Take a look at our For Sale page for the latest availability.
- Are you, or thinking of becoming a new 'caravanner' or 'motorhomer' this summer? Are you worried about pitching up for the first time or about putting the awning up? Don't worry... our staff are on hand with help and advice on little things like helping you find your pitch in the first place and connecting to power points to helping with the awning if needed. Just ask - it won't be too much trouble.
- Take a look at our News & Events page to find out what you need to know about WiFi, TV Reception and FREE NIGHTS amongst other things.
Tyddyn Llwyn is situated in a secluded valley at the foot of Moel-y-Gest mountain and makes the perfect base for your holiday. As well as being only minutes away from Black Rock Sands, Borth Y Gest and the harbour town of Porthmadog, we are within walking distance of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Narrow Gauge Steam Railways and around a 5 minute drive from the beautiful Italianate village of Portmeirion. The Snowdonia National Park, several ancient castles, including Criccieth Castle and Caernarfon Castle, and many more wonderful attractions await your discovery.
North Wales and Snowdonia features some of the most stunning scenery in the UK, with numerous lakes, mountains and coastal areas for you to explore. With so much to see and do, no matter what the weather is like, Tyddyn Llwyn is the perfect base for your holiday.